Frequently Asked Questions About Barrier Closure Protection
What zipper closure materials are available?
All of our plastic zippers operate as heavy duty zip locking solutions and are
• Flexible PVC
• Chlorinated Polyethylene
• Metalocene Polyolefin
• Other TPO’s & TPE’s available
Please call 908-350-7993 to consult with a sales engineer about the right closure for your application.
2.) What attachment methods are
• Welding (preferred method – see Weld Method Compatibility
• Stitching – French needle (double row), Lockstitch
(4-5 stitches per inch max)
• Bonding – Glue/Adhesives
3.) What closure tools are available?
Sliders and Rollers are
available according to the size and type of plastic zipper.
Click to see closure tool compatibility charts: Maxigrip | U-Maxigrip
4.) What additives are available?
• U.V. stabilizers *
• Flame retardant *
• Anit-fungal *
• Anti-oxidants *
* Requires additional lead times - 2 weeks ARO)
5.) How many feet of plastic zipper per spool?
•Standard lengths are:
*Custom lengths Quoted on request.
6.) What color plastic zippers are available?
• All others quoted on special request.
7.) What is the Manufacturing Lead-time?
• 5-6 weeks ARO
8.) Can Maxigrip plastic zipper turn a corner and/or radius?
• Yes, please consult your Maxigrip sales engineer for
specific details relative to your application.
9.) Does the Maxigrip Barrier Protection Closure need to be lubricated?
• Yes, we recommend Post Application that 303 Aerospace
Protectant™ be applied to both sides of
the plastic zipper track. See the Maintenance/Repair
Kits and Instructions section for more information.